Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barry's Metro replacement. reletively clean.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Non Metro galleryMessage format

JamieS
Posted 2/11/2008 9:31 AM (#462436 - in reply to #462255)
Subject: RE: Barry's Metro replacement. reletively clean.
"MG Metro 1300"

Bazil - 1/11/2008 1:11 PM

500 - 1/11/2008 7:00 AM

Nice motor! get it cleaned up and get some more pics up.

For insurance, you should try Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels, he gives awesome prices, only speak to Gary though!

First mod for you is an uprated rear arb, mounts and droplinks, helps no end with the understeer

If you look inside the petrol cap, it clearly says use 98 octane only, theres no way I would run normal unleaded in any scoob!.

personally, I'd fit a knocklink too if you are going to use it as intended

There are some clean pics of it to come soon. As soon as I clean it, I go back down a country lane and it ends up dirty again.

I spoke to Mr Moulton @ Keith Michaels, he wasn't any help, said all their schemes require at least a years experience in a similar car.

I've not found understeer a problem yet but that could change as I get more confident with it once it has 4 new identical tyres. The only mod I am considering is the lights- standard are poorer than I expected so I'll be on the lookout for a 2nd hand PIAA driving lamp kit.

I've been reading on snet and sidc and generally it seems that a standard UK MY00 won't come to any harm with 95RON, but I don't think we'll see petrol shoot up that far for a long time so V-power it is.

Good choice Baz.. waiting for vpower to go below £1 now
Lynn
Posted 2/11/2008 12:35 PM (#462484 - in reply to #462046)
nice car bazil.. saw it first think it was the day after her got it.. nice and clean.. shouldnt be to hard to insure being that he is a older sensible driver though.. I think I pay £420 fc.

I meant to take some photos today but forgot as it was bloody cold..

and I have to say I dont think it should feel faster but you would be surprised how much faster it is likely to be.. I always think my cars slow till I look back and realise where everyone else is and I dont boot my car everywhere.

it is a nice colour though.. I like the darker blue.
roverpirate
Posted 2/11/2008 1:44 PM (#462515 - in reply to #462096)

Post Whoring Grand Master - Captain of the ssRedbull Is a bloody bossy boots too.

about bloody time lol looks good bazil, dont spend all your time keeping it clean, thats a waste of fun, just keep it flying through the lanes with a wash n wax once a month. its a nice mota init, have you doned a burbury cap yet?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software