Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1.8 vvc conversion problems
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

mark gibbens
Posted 3/8/2016 8:13 PM (#722506)
Subject: 1.8 vvc conversion problems

hi, i brought a 114 with a vvc conversion already done drove the car home ,no problems started all the time, only issue no key fob, broke the car up for spares ,tryed to get the engine running on the floor, wired it all up with the loom from the same car,but no joy cant even get starter motor to turn over, could not having a key fob be the issue,thanks for any help,
GTaddz
Posted 3/8/2016 8:42 PM (#722507 - in reply to #722506)
Subject: RE: 1.8 vvc conversion problems

Expert

Likely the issue. You'd also need to hAve it wired up to car loom soo the ecu can communicate with the 5as which communicates with the fob. If all three aren't matching then a mems 1.9 on rover is pretty much impossible to start.

Edit: how did you get the car started originally? Does it have a 5as bypass?, if that's the case then wire it up. You'll probably still need the car loom.

Edited by GTaddz 3/8/2016 8:46 PM
mark gibbens
Posted 4/8/2016 8:08 PM (#722512 - in reply to #722506)
Subject: RE: 1.8 vvc conversion problems

hi thanks for the reply.the original car just worked. then broke it up . when trying to start the engine on the floor i used the original loom as well. cant seem tto get any power down to the starter motor when ign switch is on starter spring position. not sure about the bypass .where would i locate it.could it be an option to get hold of a ecu the fob and the black box..what options have i . thanks for ur help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software