Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

143vvc conversion help needed.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Members' JournalsMessage format

king-of-gingers
Posted 8/9/2016 4:08 PM (#722694)
Subject: 143vvc conversion help needed.
New user

Hi all, iv been a member for a while but just never got round to making the most of the forum but now I'm in need of assistance and guidance. I'll start with where I am at. I'm looking to complete a vvc conversion into my r100, I have a 143vvc from an mgf with complete wiring harness,drive shafts and pg1 box I'm looking to keep with the pg1 as I have killed too many r65s. I have front and rear anti roll bars and an mgtf subframe adapted to suit but have no shocks. I was going to use my 114gta of which had been converted to a 1.6 though due to rot I have ventured for a 8v 1.1 ascot which was in far better shape. From what i understand i need to adapt thr gear linkage and clutch as im looking to use cable rather than hydraulic but it is at this point where I am a little stuck what exactly do I need? and I am also happy to complete the work on the harness as I believe I have all I need but I just don't have the knowledge. Has anyone completed a 143vvc into a 8v 100?? And is there anything I have missed and need to look into? Thanks in advance
GTaddz
Posted 8/9/2016 5:43 PM (#722695 - in reply to #722694)
Subject: RE: 143vvc conversion help needed.

Expert

Good news is an ascot is already mpi so you've got the easiest model for the conversion.

To convert the box from hydraulic to cable you need to swap the release arm to one from a cable pg1 car and you need a cable mount off a bubble r200 and weld it to the mgf gearbox mount. The r65 cable connects to these. Job done.

You'll also need to remove the electronic speedo sensor and screw on the top half of a carbed metro speedo cable to the speedo drive from the mgf. It's a straight fit.

Gear linkage is best done when engine and box are fitted. Put linkage up to car and mark how much needs to be removed from the straight bits. Chop and weld. It's as easy as that. I strongly advise buying a polybush kit for the linkage as well as a short shift and convert the crappy uj to a steering uj from an r200. Completely transforms the Gear shift.

Hope this helps and good luck with the build.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software