Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irish Metro 1.8 solid cam
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Members' JournalsMessage format

shamone1990
Posted 13/8/2013 10:38 PM (#701876)
Subject: Irish Metro 1.8 solid cam

Regular

Starting this Journal as I have converted my metro from 1.1c to 1.8 solid cam. Had another thread when it was on superlites. FINALLY finished the conversion which took way longer than it should but its done. Bought a mgf and put everything from it into the metro including clocks steering column loom steering rack etc. Only thing that didnt go in was the pg1 gearbox i put in an r65 gearbox for gear linkage handiness. Will be putting the pg1 in soon as the driveshaft seals are already gone . Had it running on steelies for the first week but managed to find of 15' td qualifiers (i think) from a b18 mini, think there a bit on the big side myself but if i got them to sit up in the arch on the back it wouldnt be as bad. Heres some pics and feedback is appreciated,

Have an urgent question about the mgf clocks and the fuel gauge because i read that they work back to front or only use the top half but mine have been sitting on the full since i brimmed it with juice on saturday and havent exactly been taking it handy . Are my guages broken or are they still working? Here is a picture of the mgf gauges and where the fuel gauge is sitting.

She goes like stink and is not too bad on handling either due to the front and rear arbs, thanls for all the help gotten up to this, ill no doubt be asking for more
Cheers
shamone1990
Posted 2/9/2013 7:21 PM (#702852 - in reply to #701876)
Subject: RE: Irish Metro 1.8 solid cam

Regular

Small update, was at meet of the forum backroads.ie and someone took a picture of the metro. Just thought id stick it up

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/Cappo_/Cappo_001/CarsandCoffeeSept20013-41_zps08e2ee80.jpg

Heres the link to the whole page and the other cars that were there, very wide range of cars at it

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?9725-Cars-amp-coffee-cherrywood-1st-September/page2
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software