Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help - i broke something
Moderators:

Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

badidio
Posted 26/2/2006 9:03 AM (#113378)
Subject: help - i broke something

Regular

i've broken my locking wheel nut key, i'm not really sure what to do, is it possible to get replacements from somewhere? are there different varieties of these keys? anyway to remove them without the key?

thanks for your help

anton
Posted 26/2/2006 9:08 AM (#113384 - in reply to #113378)
Subject: RE: help - i broke something

Tracy - but only at weekends and for the right price

badidio - 26/2/2006 3:03 PM

i've broken my locking wheel nut key, i'm not really sure what to do, is it possible to get replacements from somewhere? are there different varieties of these keys? anyway to remove them without the key?

thanks for your help

depending what brand the nuts are you probably can get a replacement ive never tried so wouldnt know ive broken them before and the easiest way i found to remove them was a slightly smaller socket (than the nut) and whacked that on the wound them out.a bit brutal but it works just mind your wheels

Access_denied
Posted 26/2/2006 9:11 AM (#113386 - in reply to #113378)

Expert

I did just the same recently, broke the key whilst putting one back on, you can buy a tool that has a left handed thread inside and you wind it on to take the nuts off but once its off you have to file flats on the nut and use a vice to get the nut ack out of the tool, its not a 10 minute job. The tool is by laser and you can get it in Halfords, thats what I had to do, my nuts were the Rover ones and I think there is only a couple of different keys but I dont know anyone round here with a Rover.

The tool is supposed to only work with an impact gun but I found it worked better with a breaker bar and a hammer, quater turn, hit, repeat over and over!

R119GTA
Posted 26/2/2006 12:01 PM (#113509 - in reply to #113378)

Metro Mad

Is it a genuine rover locking nut set, if so you will have a number on the end of the socket/key and just go to rover give them the number and they can get you a replacement, if not then as mention you can buy a locking wheel nut removal kit which is will be various sized sockets that have a left handed cutting thread and then you just screw these on till they go tight and bite into the nuts and then it will free the nuts off for removal.

If you don't want to buy the kit then pop down to your local garage and they should have a kit so they can then remove all the nuts for you.

badidio
Posted 26/2/2006 5:35 PM (#113692 - in reply to #113378)

Regular

cheers for the replies guys, was pretty urgent so i got the a AA out, the guy took to it with a chisel and hammer, had it off in 5minutes! lol

thanks
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software