Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to the metro miscellaneous scene
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Discussions-> Forum closed - use www.metropower.infoMessage format

Jikovron
Posted 8/7/2014 8:51 PM (#713152)
Subject: New to the metro miscellaneous scene
New user

Hello all i seem to have had the situation whereby a 1990 metro 1.1L materialised on my driveway and my parents had the same thing happen but with a rover 114gsi

I recieved mine for £0 from my best pal 6 months ago and have took it from 75 to 90'000 miles mainly on the motorway
rust wise it has supprised me greatly in not being rotten beyond the rear wheel archs so with outer sills and archs welded it should be great

plans for that one is a tf front frame,pg1 and vvc motor and some kind of high rate springs for the rear as the carburated 1.1 is burning and leaking oil worse than any engine ive ever known an engine!! hence its useability is very limited

my parents purchase is a 114gsi on an R plate so in a way first and last of the 5 doors in our stable their car will remain standard for the time being as they want to use it for its great fuel economy

anyhow the threads ive browsed are a great read so i hope i can add productively

Metromartin
Posted 12/7/2014 6:14 PM (#713217 - in reply to #713152)
Subject: RE: New to the metro miscellaneous scene

MP Admin

Welcome to MP!

The k-series engines arn't prone to serious oil leaks or burning oil. where do you think its coming from?

either way mine used to be a 1.1 carb 4 speed and it was replaced with a VVC

Good to hear its not that rusty, worth lifitng the carpets to check for damp and also washing the mud out of the archs and subframe mounts to help prevent the rusting.
Jikovron
Posted 12/7/2014 9:15 PM (#713222 - in reply to #713152)
Subject: RE: New to the metro miscellaneous scene
New user

i suspect that only the crank cradle to the block joint is not leaking but everything else is ; oil filler,cam cover breathers and gasket,valve stem seals, HG between the cooling and oil channels,crank seals,oil pump gasket and the sump gasket etc

i suspect its lack of useage thats caused the seals to dry up and such things then when ive put it into 500miles a week it has started to leak and burn vast amounts

i rather cant wait to upgrade its performance however first on the list is doing all of the mot work it will need namely the radius arm pins ,rear arches, a windscreen and of course less oil loss

im going to attempt to remove the arms without depressurising by lifting the car completely off its wheels and removeing both front and rear cans from their locations if that sounds feasible
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software