Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need help
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Discussions-> Forum closed - use www.metropower.infoMessage format

levi.metty
Posted 18/10/2013 2:08 PM (#704886)
Subject: need help
Regular

Not long brought the metro i'm new to mp and metros all together
from what i can gather

its been individualising but lowered by just letting fluid out (willing to pay anyone in the west midlands to get it sitting right , as i dont have a pump )

it has front and rear arb
1.8 k series 143bhp vvc
gti/gta interior
i was told when i brought it it was mgf brakes but i found out they wasn't
need to fit them just need help what discs and pads
i think it has a different manni on it and a sporttex back box that is stupidly big

iv recently found a leak in the passenger footwell i took all carpits out , i was thinking maybe heater matrix as the heater just don't work any one else had this problem

and my rear drivers side wheel is sitting far in someone said it will need a repair kit for the arm
the subframe mounts are all ok the passenger side is fine

GTaddz
Posted 18/10/2013 3:17 PM (#704888 - in reply to #704886)
Subject: RE: need help

Expert

The leak could be coming from the heater box. Open the bonnet and look in the air intake for the heaters. Theres a drain in the bottom that clogs up with leaves and whatnot. Also check and remove the foam sound deadening from the interior behind the dash. its not uncommon for water to leak past the heater box. Ralph sells gaskets for them or take it off and seal it up with silicone.

Im sure theres people in the west mids that'd be happy to help you out lowering and individualising your tro properly for a few beer tokens.

The manifold you have is a std 16v item. You could upgrade this to the 6 bolt type with modded 160 downpipe for a little gain.
levi.metty
Posted 18/10/2013 3:55 PM (#704889 - in reply to #704886)
Regular

cheers , and saying that the foam is soaking so i'll do that tomorrow day time and update you
and it would help me out a lot to get it lowered properly its been individualide allready so this might help alot doing the job
GTaddz
Posted 18/10/2013 4:16 PM (#704891 - in reply to #704889)

Expert

No worries, glad to be of assistance Does the suspension feel bouncy with lack of damping? You could have quite a bit of air in the cans if its not been done with a vacuum pump and just thrown together and pumped up. Me and redgrave have had very good results using a basic greasegun style pump with no vacuum facility. We found the best way is to prefill the cans and fit the valves before fitting. Then bleed up the pump and pump up the cans.

Deffo get it lowered properly. You will be able to run higher presssures for any given ride height.

Looking at your rear wheel it does look as though it needs a radius arm repair kit. Best get this done at the same time as sorting the suspension. You need to depressurise it anyway.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software