Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1993 Rover Metro 1.1S - NO UNDERSIDE RUST For Sale
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   For Sale & Wanted-> For SaleMessage format

MiniGrin
Posted 29/2/2016 11:49 PM (#721290)
Subject: 1993 Rover Metro 1.1S - NO UNDERSIDE RUST For Sale

1993 Rover Metro 1.1S - NO UNDERSIDE RUST

1993 Rover Metro 1.1S in Diamond white with just 53,000 miles on the clock, cam belt done, no head gasket issues, and a rust free underside. Being the S Model it comes with colour coded bumpers, red striping, red seat belts, boot spoiler, sunroof and more luxurious seats as standard.

It’s a rare classic British hotish hatch, with no underside rust, in very good condition, that has just two owners and low mileage for its age, is standard apart from rover alloys (I have the original steelies and trims with good tyres also), is the luxurious and slightly sportier S model and is an appreciating (gaining value) classic that has been well cared for and is a regular at concourse events. Hydro gas pumped, cam belt done as a precaution, well cared for, lots of life in the (HQ) tyres and brakes, an interior that’s like new. It has 7 months MOT and just been serviced, passed mot with no advisories and a barrage of compliments from the tester. It drives really well, has great road holding, and is good in snow (better than some 4x4s) and has a huge boot, especially with the rear sears folded flat and then up the back of the front seats. Oh and no sign of the pesky k series head gasket issue.

The cars story.... as this is not just any old hotish hatch...
Martha the Metro was born in 1993 (L), but debatable was one of the earlier cars in production. Note the smaller registrations indicating it could have been used as a show car (fitting its all options selected). It was sold to an elderly couple who kept the car garaged and used it only to go to the shops and back on dry days. Following the Husbands death and the Wife’s inability to drive the car was dry stored in the garage where she would go to sit in it and be around happy memories of days out. Unfortunately she had to go into a home and so the daughter was tasked with clearing the house for sale. Not knowing much about the car, saw it as an old rover, so called up a local nearly new car dealer to come and scrap it for her with promise of them keeping the scrap money. Reluctantly they agreed under the special circumstances. Came to take it away and the salesman who came looking about the car decided that it was too good to scrap, especially when it fired on the first turn of the key even on an old battery. So it was taken back to be sold with half the proceeds to go back to help with home costs. And that’s where I came in. Having just finished a restoration of a Classic Mini Cooper S, wanted something similar but a little more civilised for the early morning commute. Having seen a low 48,000 mile little white metro s for sale was viewing it the next day. The biggest shock being when looking underneath to find not a single spot of rust, a common killer of cars of this age. And so snapped it up. Changing the steel wheels for much nicer Metro GTI wheels (a rarity these days) and all 4 high quality tyres, giving 3 full services, and re painting and waxoyling the underside. Additionally to this I’ve had the cambelt changed as a precaution, hydro gas re pumped and the whole car looked over by a professional garage. This car has taken part in a number of classic and performance car concourse events and drives where it never fails to get attention and smiles. Equally now having done 53,000 miles it’s never once let me down and gets excellent mpg whilst still being an entertaining car to drive. I’ve since bought another classic mini to restore and my workplace is now walking distance away so can’t justify another classic car so sale is a must. Martha the metro has done the daily commute through country side and city for half a year (due to change of workplace not been needed for the last year), done holidays with motorway journeys (unusually for a 1.1, can hold 70 with ease (low revs) on the motorway due to its long 5th gear, as well as runs to the shops, and days out. This car has always had everything its needed from me, I keep it clean, waxed, the underside clean and undersealed, the inner arches never allowed to get dirty. Fluids checked, and greasing etc. done once a month (although only really required once every 6,000 miles - habits from owning needier classics die hard).

The downsides, these are few, there is a slight scuff on the front bumper (I’d guess the previous owner misjudged the garage door opening), and some light body rust on the rear arches (you will struggle to find a metro without this) which is in this case minor and has got no worse since I’ve owned the car.

I can arrange to have the light rust/scuff fixed for you so long as payment is made in cash/bankerdraft before work is done.

Its well worth a viewing as you will just fall in love with this quirky classic. Test drives welcome with proof of insurance, any questions don’t hesitate to ask. I’ve been very honest about this great little car, and if continued to be looked after as it has so far in its life could be one of the few that live on.

£1,475 sold as seen, inspections welcome, feel free to contact me on 07762756849 and ask any question, I’m in no rush to sell so please don’t insult me with low offers. Also I really do believe this to be one of the best and have rather fallen in love it, and I’m keen to see it live on.... forever?

Thanks, James.

Edited by MiniGrin 29/2/2016 11:50 PM

(6866482.jpg)

(6866484 (1) - Copy.jpg)

(6866488.jpg)

(6866490.jpg)

(6866486.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 6866482.jpg (20KB - 40 downloads)
Attachments 6866484 (1) - Copy.jpg (13KB - 38 downloads)
Attachments 6866488.jpg (23KB - 41 downloads)
Attachments 6866490.jpg (33KB - 41 downloads)
Attachments 6866486.jpg (15KB - 47 downloads)
MiniGrin
Posted 21/5/2016 10:53 PM (#722116 - in reply to #721290)
Subject: RE: 1993 Rover Metro 1.1S - NO UNDERSIDE RUST For Sale

bump, now £1100
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software