Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1993 Metro 1.4 LI
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Members' JournalsMessage format

mini-mad-craig
Posted 1/10/2013 8:16 PM (#704239)
Subject: 1993 Metro 1.4 LI

Elite Veteran

Hi all,

As of last night I have a new Metro! Much like Rita I've known of the car locally for a while and have been considering for quite some time.

I used to walk near the house that it lived at when I'd walk to my garage to work on Rita, it sat in the driveway, totally original and standard. When the guy moved it into his back garden behind the gate and had a newer Citroen in it's place I guessed it was about time I asked him if it was for sale and whether I could have a look!

He said it was, and I basically told him I'd buy it there and then. Around 4 months later and I bought it last night since he said there was no hurry and I wasn't really in a position to own two cars. He also told me about the Frogeye Sprite and MGB's he has a project in his garden. Unfortunately he has arthritis now and is getting on a bit, hence I guess they won't be finished, and thats why he sold the Metro, he couldn't drive it anymore.

It's a 1992 Metro Li. Completely original and in very good condition. It has some bubbling to the rear arches but other than that is in great shape, it just needs a clay, polish and wax to bring it up to standard!

It has 48k on the clocks, not bad for a 21 year old car! and in the last 4 years had done just 1600 miles, I'm sure the old guy said he's done about 4000 in the last 8 years, so its had an easy life of late!

The advisories on the last MOT were a small crack in the windscreen (No problem, I have a few spare), an indicator lense which is damaged which we have already bought a replacement for from a scrapyard today, and light corrosion to the rear arches, which will be a relatively easy job and under £400 fix at a body shop.

The plan for now is to leave it standard and just drive it! It's a rare model, I dont think I've ever seen another. Whilst I have lots of nice parts, a GTI interior, wheels, spoiler and lots of other bits, Rita is my main priority and I don't want to modify such an original car.

Rita will now stay in the garage all throughout winter and summer and be my awesome loved car. I can keep her in pristine condition and just drive her on weekends away with Simon and at shows, although I'm sure I'd love to drive her in the summer months too, which is ideal for doing maintenance on this one!

Enough chat, heres the pictures

The first one is a photo I took about a year ago.

Google maps, a few weeks ago

They're not the greatest photos because they were taken quite late in the evening but here goes anyway

And now she can sleep in the warm all year round Yayyyyy

Rainbow_Zanadar
Posted 2/10/2013 8:09 AM (#704247 - in reply to #704239)
Subject: RE: 1993 Metro 1.4 LI
Regular

Nice find...
I do like the Mk3 above all the others though
mini-mad-craig
Posted 2/10/2013 11:36 AM (#704249 - in reply to #704239)
Subject: RE: 1993 Metro 1.4 LI

Elite Veteran

Thanks mate I paid £150. I think I could have got him down more but I wanted it to be a fair deal for us both. He was really old fashioned, as I was handing him the money he was saying to himself as slightly senile old men do 'Wow, fancy seeing twenty's, don't see those much these days!' 'Wow, getting money for it... fancy that!' and finally 'I won't have to go to the bank now'
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software