Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cambelt snapped
Moderators:

Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

pothole
Posted 23/11/2015 4:27 PM (#720417)
Subject: Cambelt snapped

I have a Rover 114 GSi and the other day my alternator belt frayed and the the car stopped, it would not start and did not sound right, so pushed it into the garage and it was only sparking on No.1, took off the dizzy cap and the rotor arm was not going round, yes you guessed it cambelt had snapped, found bits of the alternator belt in there no idea how it got in. So replaced it and the car ran eratically then stopped. I did a compression test and 2 and 4 are reading zero, so I suspect the vavles have bent. I have been searching for a "how to replace the valves" on google and as yet have not found a good guide to remove the head and vavles. Does anyone know of a good guide to follow, the haynes manual says leave both manifolds on, but thats going to make a very heavy awkward lump to move about on the bench.

GTaddz
Posted 23/11/2015 7:55 PM (#720419 - in reply to #720417)
Subject: RE: Cambelt snapped

Expert

Just take off as much just take off as much as you need to get the Damn thing out and strip the rest on a bench. Haynes Probs left both manifolds on so there's something to grab hold of to lift it out. 8v heads shouldn't be too difficult to remove. On an 8v I'd be tempted to remove all and just lift the head off.
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software