Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New member but not new to metros
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Discussions-> Forum closed - use www.metropower.infoMessage format

ijones100
Posted 20/12/2014 9:58 AM (#716277)
Subject: New member but not new to metros
New user

Hi all. I've just joined up after reading quite a few build threads over the past couple of months as there is a wealth of knowledge on the forum . I haven't been a metro owner for quite a few years as I've only driven BMW m3 s for the past 15 years but I'm now on the hunt for a play car to build an go to car meets and trackdays in and just have a bit of fun with . My last metro was a mk2 mg metro turbo which had a had a modified head inter cooler adjustable boost an was so low but this was nearly 20 years ago so not so menu speed bumps around then ! I live in Chessington Surrey and I am an engineer with over 20 years experience in fabrication machining and cad design and myplans are to build a mid engine rwd mk1 or 2 depending on how good a rolling shell I can find , I have already got the doner car a 2001 mgf vvc with 60,000 miles on it and a few other bits like hyabusa throttle bodies and I am aiming for about 190 bhp na .i will start a build thread when I find a good base car and welcome any advice and help on my build and being able to contribute Ito the forum . Ian
Marv_666
Posted 20/12/2014 10:42 AM (#716278 - in reply to #716277)
Subject: RE: New member but not new to metros

'88 MG METRO 1300

Hello and welcome!
I wanted to mid-engine/RWD a 5-dr Mk2 with the 2.0 Tomcat engine, was 1995 so no VVC option (?).
You going for a sleeper style, or throwing subtle out the window and going full-on?
Using both sub-frames and wide-arching it will be easiest to build and maintain...
and if you look at the side pressings, then look at a Delta Integrale... Evo arches are the way forward!!
I look forward to seeing this being built.
ijones100
Posted 20/12/2014 3:04 PM (#716284 - in reply to #716277)
Subject: RE: New member but not new to metros
New user

It's going to have both subframes from the mgf but converted to fully adjustable coil overs a full cage and striped interior with bucket seats and exterior will be running on 16 inch wheels standard looking arches but will be but fabricated so will be higher up the side of the car and about 2 inches wider as the ride height will be 110mm front 130 rear . I have the basic design drawn up in cad so will put a drawing at some point
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software