Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hi!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Discussions-> Forum closed - use www.metropower.infoMessage format

speedy231278
Posted 20/8/2014 12:18 PM (#713971)
Subject: Hi!
New user

Anyone who has used the appropriate section on the mg-rover forums will be familiar with my username and long waffling posts.

Anyway, for those of you who aren't, I'm Nick, and my long-term partner decided some years ago her first and so far only car would be of the Metro/100 family. Eventually, after being offered some highly priced and tatty crap from a few dodgy local garages, she happened across a fairly low mile (40K), silver N-plate 114GSi with (I think) three previous owners, and all receipts back to the second owner in 1998. Needless to say in about five years it has done about another 20K miles and consumed many times the purchase price in servicing and repairs. So far, it has had several new cats fitted as everywhere seems to use crappy ones that die within a year, four new tyres, developed the infamous Rover excessive idle, the locking is playing up, and even though she's being kept as clean as possible, the arches have started to go again despite the little old lady who owner it last having them done at huge expense (I think the place that did it saw her coming whenever anything was done - there's one receipt where they charged her to put cable ties on the wheel trims!!). Oh, and she who must be obeyed has also dinged both bumpers... lol

Next month, the car is booked to have both rear arches chopped out and replaced with repair panels, so that's going to cost more than the car is worth, never mind the fact that the footwells are getting a little thin and will need doing too. Well beyond my scope. I'll be happy when I've fixed the locking and the dodgy idle.....
111Sli
Posted 20/8/2014 1:00 PM (#713973 - in reply to #713971)
Subject: RE: Hi!

Transport Guru

MP Moderator

Welcome!

A lot of garages back in the day simply welded repair panels OVER the existing rusty panel and smoothed in so this could be why it's gone rusty again. It's also important to keep the inner arches clean and clear of mud and salt.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software