Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All things ENGINE WIRING
Moderators:

Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

Cake_Destroyer
Posted 11/6/2015 2:29 PM (#718591)
Subject: All things ENGINE WIRING
formerly p319 hok

Just starting this thread, as a help to anyone setting out doing their own engine loom for a conversion.

I will add bits as i get time, but will cover and share diagrams for the metro / 100 (available in haynes) and mems2 vvc and mems3 engine loom pinouts.

I will also cover how to remove the mfu and fit a reliable alternative inside the car - which can also lead to the car being permanently wired with a mems3 body plug quite easily.

For starters as a few people need it - here is the Caterham mems3 wiring diagram

PLEASE NOTE - the colours inidicated for each wire are not always correct for all models, most are, but it is best practice and common sense to use the pin numbers, pin numbers can be found on the wire side of the ecu plugs (you need to take the covers off and only the outide pin of each row is marked on mems3)

There are many ways to skin a cat - but in my mind the following ideas are what I think is simpliest (in terms of connections made and wiring shape) and works for putting any engine in any car when applying the same principles

Link to caterham mems3 diagram

http://sevener.fr/articles_redac/schema_elec_EU2_EU3.pdf

Next installment is hopefully sometime next week

ijones100
Posted 5/11/2015 10:23 AM (#720211 - in reply to #718591)
Subject: RE: All things ENGINE WIRING
New user

Any more info on the wiring would really help me out as its the one bit of my conversion that im struggling with

trebus
Posted 5/11/2015 1:19 PM (#720212 - in reply to #718591)
Subject: RE: All things ENGINE WIRING

Regular

Waiting for this too I want to upgrade to mems 3 have all the bits ready just wiring stopping me
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software