Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky GUIDE:- How to fit Ralph's droop stop spacers
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

Paul_T
Posted 2/2/2012 4:02 PM (#646337)
Subject: GUIDE:- How to fit Ralph's droop stop spacers

'Metropower's James May'

This is a very quick and rough guide how to fit the droop stop spacers that Ralph makes.

To do this job you need the following tools:

Grinder or drill
Breaker bar or some way to remove wheel nuts
Trolly jack
Axle stands
10mm ratchet or spanner
Ralphs Droop stop spacers
New Droop stops
Slightly longer bolts

Optional:
bonding agent such as araldite or similar

First thing needed is to get your droop stops, mine arrived looking like this:

On the back there is a small bit of metal which sticks out, this is needed to be grinded off and the back of the droop stop smothed down or instead, you can drill a hole through the droop stop spacer itself and create a hole for it to fit in. Whichever way is easiest for yourself and which you feel more comfortable doing also.

Once you have done that, you do not need to but I did is to glue the spacer to the droop stop to prevent the spacer moving when you are fitting them both to the car later. I used a bonding compund for mine as I know how fiddly it is to fit to the car.

When you have done that, goto your car and jack up the back end and remove the rear wheel, making sure you place the car on axle stands and remove the trolly jack from under the car, that is needed later. when the wheel is removed, place the trolly jack under the rear drum securely and jack up the rear arm.

The green circle is the location of the droop stop, you have to look under the radius arm and you will see it, most prob quite damaged or non-exsistant like mine were.

They are held in place by a single 10mm bolt, once you remove that you should be able to take your droop stop out and see the condition of it:

Yeah, mine were knackered.

To fit, its a simple case of putting the new droop stop and spacer in where the old one was. Mine required slightly longer bolts due to the spacer but its literally 5mm difference between them(if that)

Once you have it all bolted up, it should look something like this:

Then you need to lower the jack and check it all sits right, as long as its all ok, pop the wheel back on and do the other side.

I hope thats clear enough for people, if anyone has any edits or adjustments then feel free to correct me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software