Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Series multipoint injection
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   General Discussions-> Forum closed - use www.metropower.infoMessage format

martyngta16v
Posted 25/10/2014 3:26 PM (#715211)
Subject: A Series multipoint injection

Hi guys

im relatively new to the site however im heavily in to engineering and have a vast amount of engine experience as I build hi performance engines for bespoke purposes such as offshore powerboats and historic F1 and rally cars .

As of now people have struggled to fuel inject the A series due to its Siamese porting and havnt been sucsessful and even rovers mpi was crap ive come up with two theoretical systems to overcome the issues one is an electronic mpi system the other being a mechanical system similar to the old xr3i fords and other mech injected cars of the day the reason these will work is the injectors do not pulse and are constant flow and use a metering head to adjust the rate of flow this system can also run turbos as well the beauty of it is the fuelling is easily adjusted to suit any state of tune or capacity. in the near future I will be making a prototype and will be interesting to see how good it will be .

now for the mpi I already have had it drawn up on cad and on the computer it works and the basic theory is to separate at the head 2 ports in to 4 by creating a 4 port inlet manifold bolting on to the twin ports but splitting each port in to two separate chambers using a barrier of sorts this will then enable 4 individual intakes and 4 injectors hence stopping the inner cylinders robbing the outers of fuel now creating the manifold is no problem but internally sealing it off is tricky but not impossible as every head is different but if it works I would offer the service to modify each persons head .

If anyone has any interest or thoughts please feel free to comment or ask questions .
petrol_head
Posted 26/10/2014 12:41 PM (#715224 - in reply to #715211)
Subject: RE: A Series multipoint injection

drive it like its hired

Not a fan of either idea to be honest!
Keep us posted though, think MG MAD would be interested from New Zealand
martyngta16v
Posted 26/10/2014 2:10 PM (#715229 - in reply to #715211)

I think in a way itll be good for turboing as you will be able to get the fueling right and also run coil pack ignition which is a plus there seem to be alotbof mini guys that seem to want injection , what puts u off the idea ?
martyngta16v
Posted 26/10/2014 2:28 PM (#715231 - in reply to #715211)

One thing is for sure it will be massively cheaper than changing to another head with more ports better than the injection from rover as even there mpi system still runs lean on the outer cylinders , plus the economy side for people which are looking for that will be alot for sure but i believe for forced induction e.g turboing the a series this is where it will be worth it as the fueling and boost control will be a million times better and will get real power gains but its only on paper at present but within a month i will have a full on working system ready for test .
MG mad
Posted 27/10/2014 1:50 AM (#715260 - in reply to #715211)

Expert

Emerald have played around with fuel injection on a Midget a lot, they found a single injector system worked best. I think, if you separate the intake ports as you've described, you'll lose a lot of flow potential which would negate any gains. Still, you won't know until you try (or CFD it).
martyngta16v
Posted 27/10/2014 12:46 PM (#715267 - in reply to #715211)

Your exactly right however if i can work the head enough to maintain flow it may still be enough maybe not enough for a performance normally aspirated but turbo is a different story but its worth a try
martyngta16v
Posted 27/10/2014 12:56 PM (#715268 - in reply to #715211)

Ive got a head on the bench at the moment to open up the port with and it looks promising instead of opening width ways i can open out length ways and slightly diagonal if i can do that itll be a winner as there is no question that seperating the ports will overcome the issue .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software