Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jnr Jnr Ashton Road Rio!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Members' JournalsMessage format

jackashton179
Posted 19/2/2014 7:53 PM (#709950)
Subject: Jnr Jnr Ashton Road Rio!

So ive decided to do a build thread as always wanted to! and first of all id like to start with showing you dave aston's build thread of this car before i got my mitts on it! (if you haven't seen it before defiantly do go have a look as a lot of time and effort has gone into it) http://www.metropower.org.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=69827&start=1

After getting hold of this I decided to put my old wheels on from my old metro which unfortunately i didn't make a build thread for, as i wanted to have the lower profile tyres on from 60 profile to 50 profile using Yokohama A539 instead of the Toyo road pros! The wheels i dont actually know where there from as my dad brought a metro a few years ago with them on and i found them floating around at the workshop all i do know is that there made by ronal

I then decided to go lower on the rear end of the car but leave the front as I have plans for GTi bodykit and wasnt sure how good ground clearance would be with the skirts and splitter

So after a while of getting some money together and getting gti bodykit parts i decided to get a move on and get them sprayed! also decided to delve into some new wheels which i personally think suite the car much better! Rover motorsport TD wheels and got some 5mm spacers from ralph for the rear, it could do with 10mm but id have to get extended studs as was unhappy with the amount of turns i could get on the wheel nuts! I also fitted the rear light units including fog and reflector of my old r100 because they were slightly tinted!

Decided to spray the bar connecting both sides of the rear subframe together silver to make it stand out a bit when following it from behind!
Ive have a few mates come and ask me if the bar is touching the floor it looks that low!

Whilst all this was going on i got my side skirts from the spray shop back and had to put a temporary front bumper on whilst the original got sent to spray shop! i managed to get hold of a rear bumper so i didnt have to take my original bumper off!
And before you say... why didnt you just send the temporary bumper to spray shop is because it has a cut of in the splitter and also in a bad condition for spraying!

BEWARE THE TEMPORARY BUMPER LOOKS ALIEN LIKE!

So i thought id fit the skirts and get them all over and done with so i dont have to spend hours putting the whole bodykit on as one and im really happy on how they come out!!!

Im really excited for all the bumpers to turn up and spoiler! Its going to look real smart!!!
jackashton179
Posted 19/2/2014 7:56 PM (#709951 - in reply to #709950)
Subject: RE: Jnr Jnr Ashton Road Rio!

Also seeing the ground clearance with the side skirts and gti front bumper on im definatly thinking about going a little lower on the front!!
Dave Aston
Posted 14/3/2014 11:07 PM (#710667 - in reply to #709950)
Subject: RE: Jnr Jnr Ashton Road Rio!
Elite Veteran

Love the wheels dude! Liking where this is going!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software