Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rover metro gti for sale
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   For Sale & Wanted-> For SaleMessage format

bagio1986
Posted 3/1/2016 4:36 PM (#720759)
Subject: rover metro gti for sale

Rover metro gti mpi 16v I bought this car as I had one for my first car and I always wanted one ever since but could never find one in storm grey the colour I wanted. so after a lot of searching I finally found one in Caribbean blue wasn't the colour I wanted but it was mechanically sound just needed abit of welding and abit of tlc so I thought it was a good idea to get all the welding done and have a full respray in storm grey and make her mint. so I bought the car an this is what I did..
I got the car transported home as it was sorn off the road I got it home stripped out all the interior which was the lightening interior in immaculate condition! once interior was fully stripped I took to the areas what needed welding which was front foot wells and inner rear wheel arch and a little on one rear footwell I cleaned all areas up ready for local welder to come and cut the rust out and plate them up as I couldn't find any new floor pans also he welded me a new front panel as it was corroded the one side luckily there was one included in the sale of the car.after all the welding was done all the areas where treated with kurust and sealed.i then moved to the outside of the car removed all lights handles rubbing strips badges bumpers etc off and to be honest there was only a small bubble on front wheel arch around drivers lock the wheel arches must of been replaced before as there was no rust but whoever did this damaged the two rear rubbing strips by peeling them back hence why they haven't been put back on (need two rear quarter ones rest are ok) the drivers lock had been broken so a full new lock set bought so keys all the same. I prepared all the little dents over the car and took the mpi alloys off and gave them a refurb in black which I think will go well with storm grey. next was to take it to the paint shop where I had it professionaly sprayed inside and out in storn grey now for the rebuild im happy the car is solid and rust free and shiny. all panels were put back on doors tailgate bonnet bumpers windows and lights etc new locks fitted new windscreen as other was cracked and new rubber as old one was perished. next all the interior was fitted apart from seatbelts as was trying to find red ones as I think they look better also the blackout between the windows was replaced to keep original look. new clear rear lights as look better than the orange ones,new sportex with decat exhaust system as other one was blowing in several places still have the original cat. to complete now needs red seat belts I do have grey ones, needs suspension pumping up as its been sitting was going to individualise and lower, could maybe do with a service as its been off the road for a while. should then be ready for a mot. iv got loads of photos of work done before and after just cant upload them on here but will send them to anyone whos genuinely interested! just really don't have anywhere to keep her stored will only go up in value don't really want to sell it as iv spent loads of time money and effort on it. may swap try me?
no rush to sell it and don't have time for time wasters sorry no keyboard warriors if u have an opinion that's got nothing to do with u wanteing the car keep it to yourself as I cant be bothered with it! pictures on request can send on whatsapp.
Birmingham £2250 o.v.n.o
call or text me on 07912270266 as I don't really come on here so probs wont reply
bagio1986
Posted 19/1/2016 3:33 PM (#720889 - in reply to #720759)
Subject: RE: rover metro gti for sale

REDUCED 1800 O.N.O
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software