Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DUB DREAD ..my new whip
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Non Metro galleryMessage format

DAVESEI
Posted 12/9/2011 2:42 AM (#627603)
Subject: DUB DREAD ..my new whip
previously known as....Dazgta

1999 vw passat 1.8 20v turbo sport 4dr saloon in black ...not much more i can say apart from its on a different level compared to my tourer ..fancied a change and fell in love with the passat so i brought the above ..guna sort out a few niggles on the body and get the ac pump replaced as this is damaged ..then some nice bentley rims coilovers and a few engine mods then she will be ready for the old show and shines will update later with pics ...as always all comments welcome cheers
111Sli
Posted 12/9/2011 3:06 AM (#627604 - in reply to #627603)
Subject: RE: DUB DREAD ..my new whip

Transport Guru

MP Moderator

Getting rid of the Touer then?
DAVESEI
Posted 13/9/2011 8:52 AM (#627760 - in reply to #627603)

Sold it already chap ..went to a guy on rovertech
R119GTA
Posted 13/9/2011 9:54 AM (#627776 - in reply to #627760)

Metro Mad

Thats a shame as I have a spare R65 box now lol

anyway wheres the pics as I want to see the new beast
DAVESEI
Posted 24/4/2012 6:59 PM (#658983 - in reply to #627603)

hi guys thought i would update the journal as i have done alot to the car in the past months and its nice to have a time and date stamp for future reference ..basically i didnt know what i was getting into when a brought my passt but now i know her inside out im more than happy with her as she will be a great base for where i want to go with the mods after i get married in july ...but so far i have done

full service inc plugs.. oil,air,fuel,pollen filters with lucas fully synthetic 5-40w oil

new n75 valve (boost control) as i lost boost a few weeks ago and narrowed it down to this sensor with the aid of vagcom (vcds lite)

replaced various water hoses

brand new heater matrix as the old was was leaking around both end caps ..so no misty wndows what so ever now extremely common problem and a real pain in the butt for a clean freak like me

brand new suspension arm kit + new bolts with a total of about 12 arms n links etc etc been changed ..also a common problem

renewed pollen filter housing seal yet again very common and can cause major electrical problems as it leaks on to passenger carpet and soaks the ccm (comfort control module) which controls everything in the car

cleared out plenum drain bungs these are in a channel where the battery and brake servo are they were not bloked just precaution as this can submerse the brake master cylinder and also cause major water ingress inside the car again very common

new oil pump and pickup + new lucas fully synthectic 5-40w oil (located in the sump)..i changed this because after 100k miles these engines (1.8 20vt)tend to sludge up if not looked after properly and cause low oil pressure i suffered low oil pressure again very common issue lol

new thermostat

new temp sensor

new rocker cover gasket again lol very common issue as the engine is mounted longitudinally and slighly lower at the rear so cooks the back of the seal ...i had a leak there so found out the hardway

sump de-greased and cleaned inside and out when changing the oil pump

coolant flush + new g12 coolant

seat toledo clear side indicators

new number plates (not pictured)

new dash air vents as mine were damaged

probably a few things ive missed but hay ho ill add them later next plans are new disks and pads all round then after the wedding its REMAP time plus a split-r hybrid recirculation valve and new suspension probably lower it while im there

cheers dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software