Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VVC Metro Nightfire GTi Rep - lots of goodies !
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Members' JournalsMessage format

zimzimmer
Posted 18/6/2015 2:46 AM (#718675 - in reply to #703077)
Subject: RE: VVC Metro Nightfire GTi Rep - lots of goodies !

amazing build, love it.
zimzimmer
Posted 18/6/2015 6:17 PM (#718690 - in reply to #703077)

amazing build
Cake_Destroyer
Posted 16/8/2015 9:02 PM (#719355 - in reply to #703077)
formerly p319 hok

Right !

Not very often this happens but my final update will be both middle, end and prelude to the sequel of the story !

I did get her up and running reliably - after a waterpump leaking, a hose popping off, petrol pump leaking, fusebox letting go, all several days before heading out on 3000 mile trip from the midlands- through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland then back through the south of France and even Paris !!

Heres the bay when done

On its first test drive to drop parts to a member in Birmingham = hose blew off, so flat bed home

Race car can also be a camping car !! Camping in Wareham forest in Dorset before the big off !

Waiting to board the train with my mates S13 200SX @4am

First stop was Bruge, Belgium at 6am

We went non-stop (except for fuel, drinks and cake) through Luxembourg and Germany until tea in Baden-Baden, beautiful town, where you then pick up the 'Schwarzwold Strasse' or Black Forest Road, with views like this

After 20 hours on the road we Stayed in Vohrenbach - which has the sweetest valley road from the Schwarzwald Strasse, through several villages into it, with beautiful on camber corners, smooth as silk tarmac and no-one in sight for miles !!

Edited by Cake_Destroyer 16/8/2015 9:34 PM
Cake_Destroyer
Posted 16/8/2015 9:31 PM (#719356 - in reply to #703077)
formerly p319 hok

We then went to see the Rheinfalls in Scaffhausen, Switzerland - an epicsite you have to see !

And went onto our next stay in Filzbach - which looks like this

Needless to say we began to start stretching the cars legs ! There is no better place on earth to do it.

We went from Filzbach through the famous Klausen Pass - one of the most epic mountain roads in the history of cars

Then we got to Montreux, which is on Lake Geneva and is stunning, but very built up so no honing

Then on to Morzine in France, with stunning but very tight mountain roads - which the metro was beyond perfect for

Heres a view from the top of the mountain inMorzine

One of the roads around Morzine

The the most stressful drive I have ever been on - drove up to and into Paris - on my life I would never do it again !

View from Eiffel tower over the $hithole

And then on the way back home (luckily we were already well into Blighty) I revved it out a little far, s[litting a liner and killing that engine !

I then got a house so it got parted for all the tasty bits - so it sat on my parents drive like this until they got fed up

And then she has sat in my mates unit until now

But now someone else has bought it and will rebuild her and get her back out on the track where she belongs. So now im hanging up all things metro as the Euro trip really opened my eyes to how a 200SX can perform so Ive bought one !

So it's bye from me !

Edited by Cake_Destroyer 16/8/2015 9:38 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software