Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

R100 VVC For sale (with extras)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   For Sale & Wanted-> For SaleMessage format

MettyMatty
Posted 29/6/2016 12:08 PM (#722298)
Subject: R100 VVC For sale (with extras)
Regular

Hi,

I posted this a while ago and haven't got much further since so it needs to go..

Original car was a 3 door 1.1 '97 Rover 100 Ascot SE in Brooklands Green with sunroof. I purchased it in bog standard condition with approx 65k on the clock and used it as a run about for about a year before taking it off the road to convert it.

Body:
The rear arches need sorting (repair panels included).
Both front floor panels are going around the jacking points. Theres a dent behind the B pillar above the sill but this could be pushed out as it isn't creased. I've checked the sunroof for leaks/blocked drains and it's fine. Theres a small ding/crease to the front nearside corner of the bonnet and various minor scuffs and scrapes from being in a workshop for the past 3 years.

Interior:
The carpets and sound deadening tar pads have been removed from the front floor area as the car was going to be stripped out. The original seats are still in for now but I have GTI lightning seats to go in (front and rear.) The gti seats have been in storage so I've got some aftermarket covers for them as they had some mildew marks.

Engine:
The donor MGF was an N reg 143 vvc (MEMS 2J). I drove this for a few months before breaking it and the engine was sweet. I have a near complete history for this car and noted that a new engine was fitted during its life and since then the head gasket has been done.
Since breaking the car, the engine has had a new cambelt and water pump and a remote PRT (the original thermostat has been drilled out.) The engine will also come with a spare cam cover and a spare welded in baffled sump (horizontal plate rather than gated.) I also have a properly converted 56mm TB and brand new genuine Ramair Maxflow aluminium enclosed air filter plus black silicon hoses to fit. The exhaust is a new 2" system with a decat pipe but I've welded on a small end rather than the 3" bean can for noise purposes.

Suspension & brakes:
The MGF rear subframe has been used in the metro and I've fitted new reconditioned top arms, all new ball joints and steering knuckles. The front brakes have brand new Pagid vented discs and pads, the calipers are freshly reconditioned and come with braided hoses. The rear drums are standard and have just had new cylinders fitted. The nearside radius arm bearing has also just been replaced.
Suspension wise the car has front and rear ARB's). Both ARBS have brand new polybushes. The hydragas cans are individualised with MGF rear cans up front and Metro GTI rears. (cones uncut) There's new fluid in the cans but it will need properly levelling. It will come with a pair of ralphs weld in shock plates and a pair of KYB MGF shocks.

Other bits:

The gearbox fitted is a low mileage PG1 C4BP (bought from a local ex Rover Dealership) with a Type B Torsen LSD. I also still have the original C4BP.

The car is currently on wide steel wheels with good tyres but I will also include a set of 4 14" Team Dynamics in silver with brand new centre caps.

I also have a 6 point bolt in roll cage with removable diagonal which I beleive is made by "Safety Devices". I think this is the earlier type that needs the dash cut outs but I have a fibreglass dash and centre console from a mini that I was going to make fit which I will include.

There's also a fibreglass bootlid with lock and light fittings attached that will come with a brand new polycarbonate window. I will also include rear quarter perspex windows which are a bit rough but useable. There's also a GTI spoiler with screw caps and some rear spats which are tatty but useable.

The car runs and drives. I've just put it through an MOT to see what it needed and it's the welding I've mentioned, the braided brake hoses are causing clearance issues but this can be cured by fitting the front shocks and proper mounts included. It needs a brake pipe and the brakes need properly bleeding and adjusting.

Now the awkward bit! - THE CAR IS ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT - (I can help with a ferry discount if you ask first.)

I'm asking £975 ONO

I also have some separate bits towards a budget turbo build (if interested PM me)

Please be aware that I work shifts so it can take a while for me to reply to PMs.

Thanks for reading

dg110190
Posted 31/12/2016 6:36 PM (#723150 - in reply to #722298)
Subject: RE: R100 VVC For sale (with extras)

Any photos of this and the bit and the condition that it is in now?
MettyMatty
Posted 15/1/2017 12:57 PM (#723208 - in reply to #722298)
Subject: RE: R100 VVC For sale (with extras)
Regular

Sorry for the delay in replying! I don't get on here as often as I used to these days.

Everything is still available.

I've moved house and had to give up where the car was being stored so the cars now in a family members garage and the parts are with me so anyone wishing to view would need to give me reasonable notice to get it all together.

The condition is the same as previously posted as nothing more has been done, it's just moved garages.

Next time I visit family I'll take some pics of the car.

Thanks for the interest.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software