Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 & 3
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Forum closed - use www.metropower.infoMessage format

G412
Posted 29/3/2016 1:28 AM (#721633)
Subject: 2 & 3

New user

Hey hey, introduced myseld earlier so I will cut that bit out...

Here they are. My long standing Mk2 in poverty beige. It is totally miserable with it's pensioner spec interior, 998cc engine and pieces of plastic where the radio, cigarette lighter, passenger wing mirror and rear wiper should be. Dare to be different by keeping it standard right? Those shoes that it's wearing are off a Mk1 as they were the closest thing to what it should have that I could get - without keeping those nasty 315mm tyres. I rebuilt the engine and retuned it to factory settings (so it is as nippy as sin and I get great pleasure looking at peoples faces on the bypass as I cruise by with my flat cap on and my waking stick over the back seat). I welded the floor back together, and sprayed up and fitted two new wings plus repaired a painted a few other parts of the car that it's previous owner dented. It's it's been in Practical Classics, Classic Car Weekly and the BBC used it for a news broadcast too. This car is hilarious.

The blue one is a recent acquisition and is a bit special being local, and 1 owner from new in my hometown. I used to see it around a lot and it ended up in my hands, after being tipped off to it by a friend of a friend. It is also fairly miserable with the Carb (comes with free peg) and lack of rear wipe etc. it needs more work than you think, as the pictures do it justice. Underneath is unbelievably immaculate...no...really it actually is for a Metro. The paintwork however needs attention. Not a problem...that's within my remit. My plans for it? Not sure. I already have one pensioner edition, so in an ideal world I would like to make this as mad as possible (whilst retaining the original powerplant of an engine) but financially I'm not too sure. Time will tell...

All the best

My Metros by deadformat, on Flickr

My Metros by deadformat, on Flickr

Edited by G412 29/3/2016 1:35 AM
forcker
Posted 29/3/2016 8:15 PM (#721644 - in reply to #721633)
Subject: RE: 2 & 3

Regular

Nice cars, I love both colors! 
Saxokid100
Posted 31/3/2016 3:23 AM (#721671 - in reply to #721633)
Subject: RE: 2 & 3

dot dot dot Rally Spec

Two very nice metros you have.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software