Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

duh, how to use hydragas pump please?!!
Moderators:

Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

BJH70
Posted 16/1/2006 2:55 AM (#101623)
Subject: duh, how to use hydragas pump please?!!

Regular

My ebay hydragas pump arrived on Sat, looks like a fine piece of kit. Now I've seen a different sort working in the past, but was wondering if anyone could advise me please with this one.

It's the Liquid Levers one, and has the pump handle (obviously) and a valve control thingy marked Open and Closed. Which setting is for pumping up please? I don't want to connect it with the valve in the wrong position, and depressurise as I'm doing up the schrader connection!

Secondly, does turning the valve to the other setting then depressurise / drain the suspension fluid into the pump itself, and if this is the case can I reuse the fluid, or shall I 'dispose' of it and replace with new?

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm just trying to get everything in place for the big job!

Access_denied
Posted 16/1/2006 11:27 AM (#101717 - in reply to #101623)
Subject: RE: duh, how to use hydragas pump please?!!

Expert

there should be a tap on the connection to the valve, wind this all the way out before fitting the valve then wind it in once you have a good seal (hand tight is not enough!)

The laver should be closed but I find a good idea is to pump a bit of pressure into the pipe before turning the tap at the valve otherwise the car still does a massive lunge as the air in the empty pipe goes from 15 PSI to 350!

when you turn the lever to open it will let the fluid back into the reservoir so if you are flushing a system make sure this is empty and throw it away after, if you know the fluid is recent then its fine to reuse it, you can even filter the fluid through a coffee filter as the actuall fluid does not denature so you can just strain the gunk out.

BJH70
Posted 16/1/2006 11:30 AM (#101719 - in reply to #101623)

Regular

That's brilliant, thanks very much.

Urgentemente
Posted 16/2/2006 5:05 PM (#110541 - in reply to #101623)

How much did the pump cost from ebay ?(if you don't mind..)

My g/f's R100 has started making a HORRIBLE grinding noise on the offside front (the week before it sounded like the nearside rear brake was rubbing, whenever you braked there was a rubbing sound - are the linked hydrogas units linked diagonally oppsosite like brake circuits?

gta se
Posted 19/2/2006 3:50 PM (#111345 - in reply to #110541)

Urgentemente, the units are linked between front and back with each side being seperate.
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software