Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brakes (as usual) (frozen - USE NEW WEBSITE)
[Frozen]

Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen    Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

Werner Hedgehog
Posted 15/3/2017 6:23 PM (#723385)
Subject: Brakes (as usual) (frozen - USE NEW WEBSITE)
New user

Hi all, No matter what I do, I can't get brake pressure on my bog standard '89 1275 Mk.2 auto. The car was recommissioned with all the necessary brake parts being redone- shoes, calipers, discs and pads. Bled it for ages- couldn't get pressure. Bought a master cylinder repair kit and rebuilt it- still couldn't get any pressure despite lots of bleeding. Had a mechanic look at it who rebuilt it again and still, no joy. Took it to another mechanic and bought and fitted a brand new master cylinder. First he bled the system as per the Haynes manual- no joy. Then he bled it backwards- no joy. Then he tried the pressure bleeder that connects to the top of the bottle- no joy. Then he tried a different pressure bleeder that connects at every bleed nipple. Still no pressure. What could be going on here? The system must have worked at one point and the brake lines are all in good order. What could be missing now? It has everyone that's looked at it completely baffled.
Werner Hedgehog
Posted 15/3/2017 6:27 PM (#723386 - in reply to #723385)
Subject: RE: Brakes (as usual)
New user

Re-Carbed
Posted 16/3/2017 9:30 AM (#723408 - in reply to #723385)

This happened to me with an MG Midget in 1981. I did everything that you did and had the same result - the cause? I'd re-fitted the calipers on the front on the wrong sides, resulting in the nipples being at the bottom instead of the top. Result - it was impossible for the air to be bled out. Swapped them over and it bled no problem. Good luck.
Morey
Posted 16/3/2017 10:37 AM (#723409 - in reply to #723385)

Events Organiser

MP Admin

GREAT NEWS!!!!

The Metropower admin team are pleased to announce the launch of our new website and forum!

This project has been made possible by the generous donations from our members via the fund raiser at the end of last year, along with hours of work by the admin team to build the site and upload content.

We’re currently running the site as a Preview with view to a full launch near to PoL 2017. 
The all-new Metropower Store is open for business; official site stickers are in stock and ready to order, as is our new clothing range.

Keep checking back for new feature cars and articles being released over the next couple of days…

You can find the new site at http://www.metropower.info

Enjoy

P.S. DONT PANIC! We WILL NOT be deleting this forum or anyones journals and guides to transfer some form of your journal over to the new forum will be posted soon!

As a side note, this forum will no longer be in use. Please take steps to sign up to the new forum and browse our 1000x better website with more modern features, a store and many more wonderful things!

Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software