Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Rover 100 Knightsbridge
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Gallery-> Members' JournalsMessage format

Jackson11012
Posted 9/4/2015 10:04 AM (#717689)
Subject: My Rover 100 Knightsbridge
New user

So i picked up this car for £350 inc 12 months MOT and 3 days tax. It was previously owned by a engineering tutor and was used as a project for the students.
They had replaced the rear wings and footwell free of rust. And i guess they did a good job. One of the rear arches is perfect the other was maybe a friday afternoon special. Anyways there are still one or two little bits on the front sill, and on rear quater, But mostly good. And she runs perfectly. Just did a run up to Nottingham and ran perfectly on motorway. Better than i thought.

So i've started to try and colour code the bumpers and wing mirrors. I really really hate black or grey bumpers. always have. So wing mirrors are done. And im in the process of doing the rear bumper. It only cost me a £10 and a short drive. So i'm putting my painting skills (none) to the test. Wing mirrors are ok but i made a few mistakes, which i can live with ( you cant see unless you look hard) and a bumper is a big thing, hence i picked a spare up so i can take my time and not rush to get it back on the car.

I have also just picked up some 6 spoke alloys, that are in need of some work...and my cheap headunit was delivered today.

This car is a project for me to work on, I got the car as a run around, that is more economical than my Focus ST. the car almost cost the same as 12 months tax on my ST. lol

So i want to keep things cheap, try and do the work myself, spend as little as possible, whilst trying to improve the look of the car.

Ill do some pictures over the next few days and keep this updated with my work and progress.

If anyone has a Rear spoiler going cheap im interested

(90023517-9b8e-dc7f-8ce5-a0948232de11-2015-03-21-17-21-37-0-s.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 90023517-9b8e-dc7f-8ce5-a0948232de11-2015-03-21-17-21-37-0-s.jpg (7KB - 43 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software