Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another year for my old boot!
Moderators:

Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

Re-Carbed
Posted 24/1/2016 9:03 PM (#720950)
Subject: Another year for my old boot!

Not had my Metro long, and it ain't pretty but it's just passed its MOT with minimal advisories! A slightly rusty brake pipe, a slightly worn rear suspension pivot (all greased now), slight sill/floor corrosion. My suspension is also well sagged down and the rear arches are rusty but not rotted through yet. It is great fun to drive and razzes around much like an old mini. Only one serious issue to speak of and that was the battery which came with the car. All was well until I came to start it after work and it turned over once and then nothing! The panel lights were barely lit and the starter did nothing - it was the quickest and most complete failure of a battery I've ever had. New battery and now all's well again - and no need to worry about a radio code as the "radio" is a black plastic plate! No cig lighter, no radio, no rear wiper, power steering, abs, central locking. Anything less and it'd be a motorbike and it's refreshing.

Metromartin
Posted 28/1/2016 12:27 PM (#720984 - in reply to #720950)
Subject: RE: Another year for my old boot!

MP Admin

good news! always like to hear of metro passing MOT's and keeping them on the roads!

Get some pictures up on your car, we like them all on here, what ever the spec or condition!

PS, although you dont have a radio, if you know your rover radio code, you can enter it again to turn off the function so it wont ask for it again. very usful when disconnecting the power. i've done this on my metros in storage. Also alot of the metros still have the radio wiring if not fitted. some even have the cigarette lighter wires too, great for phone charger!
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software