Metropower Portal
Metropower Portal
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

missterous smoke
Moderators:

Technical Area-> TechnicalMessage format

Metro Mad Boy
Posted 11/2/2006 4:12 PM (#109147)
Subject: missterous smoke

Mad about Metros

right i have recently replaced my fan switch in my rad which in the process i lost bout 1L of coolant out of the system so i had to fill it up and open the air bleed screw and plug but once coolant started to come out of the air bleed plug i had filled the coolant tank to the neck(way to much)so i had to bleed system and falling to remove the bottom hoses off the rad i instead i removed the bleed screw and slowly untightened the exspantion tank cap to release the sucking affect that stoped the coolant coming out of the air bleed screw and bleed the coolant system from the until the level went down to the "max" mark but in the process i got 1L of coolant donw the side of my gearbox and starter motor i cleaned what i think was all of the coolant off it has been several days now and i have started the engine and ran it for long peroids of time but ever since then i have been gettin little amounts of smoke from that area after running the engine for about 30 mins it only happens then its not the fan motor and it is only noticable when the bonnet is up its the small colour as smoke when oil is burned but it has not odurr please help i dont want to do any damage to may gearbox or engine as i dont have the money to replace it any help much appreciated

EDIT:i can get video footage of this tomorrow if that help but if anyone has any idea as to what it could be let me know asap

Edited by Metro Mad Boy 11/2/2006 4:14 PM
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software